Wednesday 19 October 2011

Representation in my Local Newspaper.

All article written for most things including national and local newspaper, as well as magazines , which I looked at in my AS Coursework, represent people in different ways.

For example looking at the local newspaper I have analysed I feel that local newspaper are more likely to be read by house owners, rather than younger children and teenagers. Articles within the newspapers are targeted more toward adult audiences such as weather, traffic or local issues, rather than issues interesting and attracting younger people to read there local newspapers such as local sports activities and other events for this age group. I think that within my local newspaper front cover, second page and hyperlinked WebPages I will also target the adult home owner age groups from 21+. Furthermore certain age groups can be discriminated through local newspaper media, such as stereotypes such as ‘Young Hooligans’ and ‘Old Grouch’ , I will challenge these stereotypes portraying all age groups as evenly as possible.

Furthermore, Ethnicity is another method of representation with local newspapers; I will not specifically be targeting any specific ethnicity. I will portray all groups equally this way hopefully challenging stereotypes attached to certain ethnic groups presented previously in the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment